I remember in middle school, I had a ‘boyfriend’. He used to walk to my every class, go to my basketball games, wear a bracelet with my name on it. At parties and dances, we stood together next to our friends and talked. I remember that everyone (including the teachers) knew I had a boyfriend. Now, it was no sexual stuff going on. Just pecks on the cheeks and holding hands. But the fact is that everybody knew. It was no sneaking down the back hallway or downplaying our like for each other to remain cool to our friends. Nowadays, women are cool and actually seems to enjoy being a secret. In their eyes, they don’t want nobody in their business so it could be no haters. But, in my eyes, yall women are looking desperate and tired.
Signs of a Women Suffering from Make-A-Wish Relationship
1. People don’t know his real name, actual occupation or any personal information about your man
2. You don’t celebrate holidays together (Birthdays don’t count)
3. He don’t come around like ever
4. Been together 8 years and he still have his own place
5. You’re his 4th baby mama and you’re waiting for a ring
6. Everybody knows he’s a cheater, but you stay because he will settle down
7. You’re so used to pretending that you’re happy when you are really not
8. Most of your sentences usually being with “If only he was…”
9. You’re engaged but there’s no date, no ring and he has not proposed
10. You actually related with Kenya Moore from RHOA about the Walter situation
Rico Love has a song called “They Don’t Know” and he is talking about how his girl is cool being a secret. He buys her Birkin bags, Bentley coupes and takes her shopping in fancy stores. Meanwhile, all she has to do is keep quiet about their relationship. Now, I am betting my next paycheck, that these chicks in these streets can’t get a light bill paid. They are holding it down for a man who don’t even have your back. While you are keeping him a secret, understand that his homeboys know about your ass. Think men don’t talk? Shhiiittt. (In my Clay Davis voice)
Now, I realize it may be hurtful to realize you have been in a Make-A-Wish relationship. Chile, stop wishing for a good man and become a better woman who expect more. As women, we feel that we can ‘change’ a man. We feel like Demi Moore in Ghost where Patrick Swayze is molding the perfect clay and they are so in love. We can mold clay, but we cannot mold a man. You may wanna seem like the cool chick who is down for whatever, but all you are doing is leaving yourself open for months and years of disappointment and hurt. Nobody wants to admit that they are in a deadend relationship. But the sin isn’t the relationship, it’s the choice to remain in the relationship. My advice is cut that man out of your life and focus on building yourself back up. Love is open and free and should be celebrated. Love is never a secret, ignored or bottled up. Girl, be faithful to yourself and everything else will fall in place.
Photo by stevenjamesdixon.com